Co-parenting = Collaboration

“Co-parenting. It’s not a competition between two homes.  It’s collaboration between two homes. It’s collaboration of parents doing what is best for the kids.” – Heather Hetchler

I am so guilty of this but this is not what it should be about. But yes, I compare, I judge, I make notes.  Hell I’m human.  Our parenting styles are different, so one is not better than the other, even though we may believe our way is the best way.  I’m more of the nurturer, his dad is the more “let him be a boy.” I know he is boy, but don’t tell me to calm down when we are walking a nature trail and you know we have to chase him off the path into God knows what.  I love that our parenting styles are different but we do have some commonality when it comes to our son but he has a good balance between the two of us.  Collaboration is key to successful co-parenting.  Now don’t get me wrong, me and this man don’t always see eye to eye and sometimes I know Ashton is not at the forefront but I can say safely say about 90% of it is about Ashton and the other 10% is just be a nuisance to one another…LMBO!

Sometimes you just have to sit back and respect the other parents’ parenting, if it is beneficial for your child.

Have a wonderful evening!
Ashton and Amber

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s